Thursday, March 1, 2007

Second Half Magic

The Big Shot's excited for the 2nd Half
It's about time to get back on track here at NasIsComing.

I've heard too much fucking talk about how bad the Eastern Conference is this year. As VanDyne would say, I get your pint, yes the Western Conference is better. But, the West was better last year too right? And who won the title again? Yea, thought so.

I think the Western Conference playoffs are going to be the pinnacle of my NBA life. There are legitimately 6 teams that could advance to the finals. Here they are with a brief summary of why (in no order):

Rockets- This team has played unreal ball since Yao has gotten hurt. Tracy McGrady
has willed his team to hold on to its positions in the standings (currently 5th). Van Gundy is coaching the hell out of this squad too. He has taken Luther Head (not particulary good anything) and made him a fantastic role player. Rafer Alston is officially a legitimate NBA point guard. If anyone saw this guy play his first year in the league. You would laugh if I told you he'd shed his "Skip to my Lou" alias.


Lakers- Kobe. Kobe. Kobe. Read my last post, fear him. Best player in the world. Can't be stopped when he wants to score. He will get all the calls from the officials in the playoffs. And this is a team that had a 3-1lead on the Suns last year. Another year of experience. A healthy Odom. Much improved interior defense with Bynum and Kwame. If they win the title this year, I think Kobe immediately jumps into best player of all time discussion.



Nuggets- I still haven't given up on my adopted team. They have yet to have a stretch where their best team is on the court together for more than a couple of games. Here's a lineup to ponder: AI, JR Smith, Carmelo, Nene, Camby. That is the most talented lineup you'll find in the Association. I still think if they garner some momentum with a good last 10 games (9-1, or 8-2), they will come roaring into the playoffs. Main reason they could still win that no one would think of: Nene. Watch this guy play. He looks like a slightly shorter Dwight Howard. So big and strong and athletic. Kudos to Denver for inking this guy for a few years after his depressing early career.



Spurs- the best executing team in da League. Poppobitch is a great coach I must admit.
Watch them at the end of any game. If they are down 1 or tied, and absolutely need a bucket to win or extend the game, they WILL get an open shot. He diagrams shit beautifully to free up a role player i.e. Bowen or Brent bones Berry for a wide open shot. Plus, they run the Pick and Roll better than anyone with Duncan and Parker (Nash and Amare could be close, more on that later). X-factor: Manu Ginobli. When will we see him consistently play up to his potential. This Aregentine bastard can control the entire 4th quarter of games. On both ends of the floor. I've seen him do it. But, then he'll defer to Duncan and Parker sometimes. For them to go deep, Manu must Man up.



Suns- I am down on the Suns right now. They have been my pick to win it all season, but ehhh. Losing to Philly last night?? Come on. Alright, it was their first road loss to the Eastern Conference this year which is absurd. But, here's why I'm slightly down on them: they refuse to make Amare their alpha dog. I hate Shawn Marion. They run more pick and rolls with him and Stevie MVP Nash then they do with Amare. It infuriated me. Amare is a manchild, a beast, a freak born to dominate the sport of basketball. Run your offense through him once in a while. If they play the Spurs or Mavericks, I think D'Anazi will adjust. Amare can plague their bigs with foul trouble and dominate just like he did his rookie season against the Big Fundamental.
Mavericks- 48 of their last 53. Not much I need to say here. No legitimate post presence is their only weakness. Although Zee Big German will do anything and everything to help his team. So, yea, they have no weaknesses. But, something in my gut tells me they will be heavily tested throughout the playoffs. I know they were last year, but this year their record is by far the best in the NBA so everyone's going gaga over AJ's squad. I can't explain it, but I would not pencil them in to the finals just yet.

As for the Leastern Conference, I say to my loyal readers: beware of the 'dog. I am a disciple of the Eastern Conference, as that is where my team lies. And these guys are not fucking retards running around. They're not the NBDL. They're not the WNBA. There are simply less stars in the East, and less dominant teams. Key word, dominant. And that's quite alright. I think the Eastern Conference playoffs will be a war, a ugly battle it out fucking war. And whatever team emerges will have some unreal chemistry going on. My pick would be the Bulls right now. They are so damn feisty. They get stops when they need them. Ben-G plays on another planet in the 4th quarter. Hinrich is a classic facilitator. He plays a lot like someone I remember from the 90s...some other white point guard...oh yea Scott Skiles, his damn coach. But he's so much more than a passer. He's a gamer. Scores when he needs to, and drives and kicks better than anyone in the league. Watch a Bulls game, it is so simple what they do. Beat their man and dish it out. 15 foot jumpers ALLLL DAAAAY LONG. Again though, no close-to-legit post presence. Ben Wallace and PJ Brown? Vomit.
I have no energy to discuss the Wizards slump right now. It's depressing. Antawn and Caron are out but are headed back to the hardwood within 2 weeks. Agent Zero is trying to hold it down. But the quality of his shots is spiraling downward because teams have to focus on 1 thing: stopping him. he can't kick it out to his running mates to help him out. Sad times in Wizland...

In closing I would like to give a shoutout to one of my buddy's teams. One of the youngest most exciting, but bad, teams in the A. Formerly known as the jailblazers, the Portland Trailblazers have so much to be excited about in the future. Brandon Roy, Zach Randolph, Jarret Jack, Martell Webster, LaMarcus Aldridge. That's 5 players with the potential to be all stars. Who else can you say that about? The Celtics have some good young talent, but only
Gerald Green is worth salivating over.

This could be the finest season of the NBA in my lifetime. I invite all of you who are on the cusp of entering the euphoric circle of being a true-NBA fan, to take that extra step. Fuck school, come over to 25 G and watch some league action.

Read systemicide.blogspot.com for any life info outside of basketball. Boycott feedthecreatures because of its teasing habits. Go Nugz. Go Wiz.

1 comment:

EL MIZ said...

more legendary insight from nasiscoming, can't wait for the NBA playoffs.

starbury is carrying the knickerbockers right now, they look poised to make a run for the 8 seed, winning 2 in a row without crawford, nasty nate, or david lee.

once nate and lee are back, this team should be dangerous, but not as dangerous as it could have been if mr. big shot jamal crawford did not go down.

as we speak el miz is brewing something up to feed to the creatures, so stop hating and i'll keep feeding.

bond is word.
word is bond.
c.r.e.a.e.m.

cash rules everything around el miz